Why do you need to teach your staff how to interview and select potential candidates? Organisations success rides on tapping the right people for the job. Interviewing is really more art than science and, all-too-often, job candidates who look good on paper and ace the interview process completely choke once they actually get the job. Bad hires are more than an inconvenience: they’re expensive.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Writing a clear and simple job profile quickly and easily. Follow a systematic selection process, which includes the structuring of interviews and questioning of candidates to effectively address selection criteria.
- Being really clear on what your Interviewing outcomes will be.
- Understanding the emotional aspects of interviewing.
- Work to assess and integrate data from candidates and objectively evaluate against the selection criteria Produce objective evidence-based reports regarding the selection process.
CANDIDATE SCREENING & INTERVIEW TECHNIQUES:
With more and more job seekers continuing to come onto the market, and seemingly happy to take any suitable job, it has never been more important to get the right information quickly. The ability to recruit, interview, and hire the best candidates is essential to every organization’s success.
After the completion of this course your consultant would be more transparent, structured to hire the best candidatesultimately resulting in improved billings and a significantly improved candidate to placement ratio.
What will you learn
Learn how to screen potential candidates from a long list & then interview both face to face and over the telephone.
Fine-tune your interviewing skills both face to face and over the phone.
- How to hire an honest applicant – Common lies on resumes.
- Where and how to look for qualified candidates.
- Techniques for evaluating applications and résumés, and determining who makes it to the interview process Interview questions that provide the information you really want to know about an applicant Comfortably & quickly screen the candidate so you spend time with the right individuals and build long term contacts.
- Closing the Deal – Things to consider when choosing a candidate. Gain the confidence to know when “it’s a fit for job”.
- Avoid the most common hiring mistakes made by managers.
- Uncover the secrets of attracting quality candidates.
- Take advantage of expert interviewing techniques that ensure you make fully informed hiring decisions every time.
- Discover great ways to “sell” the job and your organization to first-class candidates.